PULASKI, VA – A 11-run outburst in the eighth inning propelled the Danville Otterbots to their first win of the season Thursday, 16-9 over Pulaski.
- The Otterbots’ pair of Chatham High School standouts, Carrington Aaron and Jacob Moore, each drove in their first runs of the season in the fourth on back-to-back RBI singles, to give Danville a 3-1 lead.
- Later in the eighth, second-year Otterbot Corbin Lanowitz (UNC Asheville) kicked-off Danville’s big offensive inning with a two-RBI single to score both Aaron and Moore
- The Otterbots batted-around in the eighth as Lanowitz bashed a two-RBI double, for his third and fourth RBIs of the season
- Joining Lanowitz with a four-RBI night was Moore, finishing 3-for-5 in the win, and scored two runs himself
- Emmanuel Quiles earned the win in his first appearance of the season, tossing 2.0 innings of no-hit baseball with a pair of strikeouts
- AJ Zaccareo drove in a pair of runs, bringing his season total to three RBIs
The Otterbots (1-2) return to Pulaski (1-1) in search of their first sweep of the season. First pitch is set for 7 p.m.