McGeary, who posted spectacular numbers at Division II Colorado Mesa University, used a big showing in the Appalachian League this summer as a springboard to professional baseball, getting drafted by the Cubs in the 15th round of the MLB Draft.
All-Appalachian League catcher Ryan McCrystal talks about his experience with the Burlington Sock Puppets and what he's looking to take from the Appy League back to college at East Carolina.
|Burlington Sock Puppets||1||0||1.000||-||0-0||1-0||W1|
|Bluefield Ridge Runners||0||1||.000||1||0-0||0-1||L1|
|Pulaski River Turtles||0||1||.000||1||0-1||0-0||L1|
The Appalachian League announced the league’s charitable outreach totaled more than $2.5 million of gift in kind and monetary donations this year. The league and its teams continued to be actively engaged in safely helping and assisting their local communities during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Appy League executives participated in a Week of Service, volunteering in 11 communities across four states as Jan. 17, 2022, marked the 27th annual MLK Day of Service.
- Appy League adds Justin Morgenstern as director of player personnel
- Elizabethton River Riders announce Kiva Fuller as general manager
- Johnson City Doughboys announce Patrick Ennis as general manager
- Q&A with Appy League director Brian Graham
- Cubs' McGeary uses Appalachian League as springboard to pro ball
- MLB celebrates 21st annual Roberto Clemente Day
- Bluefield Ridge Runners announced as recipient of Lee Landers Community Service Award
- Johnson City announced as Promotional Award recipient