Appalachian League Executive Director Brian Graham discusses the benefits of playing in the collegiate summer league and what he hopes players take away from the experience.
McGeary, who posted spectacular numbers at Division II Colorado Mesa University, used a big showing in the Appalachian League this summer as a springboard to professional baseball, getting drafted by the Cubs in the 15th round of the MLB Draft.
All-Appalachian League catcher Ryan McCrystal talks about his experience with the Burlington Sock Puppets and what he's looking to take from the Appy League back to college at East Carolina.
|Burlington Sock Puppets||1||0||1.000||-||0-0||1-0||W1|
|Bluefield Ridge Runners||0||1||.000||1||0-0||0-1||L1|
|Pulaski River Turtles||0||1||.000||1||0-1||0-0||L1|
The Appalachian League announced that the league’s charitable outreach grew to more than $3.4 million of gift-in-kind and monetary donations this year. Additionally, the league and its clubs volunteered more than 11,000 hours of community service.
Appalachian League executives participated in the 28th annual MLK Day of Service on Jan. 16, 2023, volunteering in nine communities across North Carolina, Tennessee, Virginia and West Virginia. Tabbed as a “day on, not a day off” to celebrate the life and legacy of the Civil Rights leader, MLK Day is the only federal holiday designated as a national day of service to encourage all Americans to volunteer to improve their communities.
- Otterbots announce Relaford as manager
- Jeremy Owens to return as Elizabethton River Riders manager
- Appalachian League participates in MLK Day of Service
- Crist returning for third season as manager of River Turtles
- Kingsport Axmen name Mike Guinn manager for 2023 season
- Greeneville Flyboys announce Dennis Cook as manager
- Kevin Mahoney named 2023 Johnson City Doughboys manager
- Sock Puppets run it back with Essien as manager