Looking for a bounce-back performance after a 3-2 loss Tuesday, the Danville Otterbots will host the Burlington Sock Puppets in the final game of a two-game home stand Wednesday, June 7, 2023.
- Who – Burlington Sock Puppets (1-0) vs. Danville Otterbots (0-1)
- When – Wednesday, June 7, 2023 at 7:00 p.m.
- Where – Danville, Virginia (American Legion Field)
- Tickets – www.danvilleotterbots.com
- Watch – Otterbots Baseball Network
- Social Media - @Go Otterbots
- Game Notes - HYPERLINK
- RHP Carter Daniels(0-0, 0.00 ERA), Burlington vs. RHP Glenn “Trey” Green III, Danville (0-0, 0.00 ERA)
- Bark in the Park
- All Faiths Night
- In his debut outing with the Otterbots Tuesday against Burlington, left-handed pitcher Jacob Denner served strikeouts, straight from mound-to batter. Through three innings of relief work on Opening Day, Denner faced the minimum as he allowed no hits while striking out five.
- The Otterbots went off to the races and stole five bases against the Sock Puppets in the 2023 season opening matchup. West Virginia outfielder Tre Keels lead the way for Danville, stealing three bases in three attempts.
- Danville is excited to welcome four local standouts to their hometown team for the 2023 summer season. From the collegiate ranks, Danville’s own Averett University will be represented by right-handed pitcher Jake Braun. Additionally, three high school standouts from the area will join the Otterbots before beginning their college careers in the fall. Chatham High School will be represented by Carrington Aaron, a Virginia Tech signee, and Jacob Moore, a Radford signee. Meanwhile, Tunstall High School will be represented by Raymond Ladd, also a Radford signee.
- Back in a Sock Puppets uniform for the second-straight season is Northern Illinois sophomore pitcher Mason Ruh. The reigning Appalachian League Pitcher of the Year posted a 2.66 ERA with 56 strikeouts in 47.1 innings pitched during the 2022 season.
- Elon infielder Tanner Holliman had the only multi-hit performance Tuesday, going 2-3 with a walk.
- The Sock Puppets are led by first-year manager Anthony Essien. A member of the team’s coaching staff since 2021, Essien served as Burlington’s interim manager for the second half of the 2022 season.